Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Warming Up in Washington D.C. - Cross-Country Road Trip 5.3













Washington D.C. lived up to my expectations. I really enjoyed seeing the White House for the first time. We also walked past the FBI building which was cool for me because I've always wanted to be an agent. A girl can have her dreams, can't she?

We got to see the original Constitution, Declaration of Independence and Bill of rights at the National Archive Museum (which I was shocked to learn, does not charge admission). That was a nice conclusion to our journey so far. We started up North where the idea of independence got it's legs, then moved further south where the Civil War was fought and concluded, then down further to our capital where all of the documentation is kept safe. I'm really glad that we took this route. Plus it's 49 degrees and I was able to shed my extra layer of thermals!

No comments:

Post a Comment