Sunday, February 22, 2009

First Stop, Cheesesteaks! - Cross-Country Road Trip 4.0

The weather in Philadelphia was pretty poopy, light drizzle and for some reason, seemingly colder than any day we had so far. But we had one day to explore so that wasn't going to slow us down! We stopped at Pat's King of Steaks (recommended by Penko) for an authentic Philly Cheesesteak. This place was straight out of a Seinfeld episode. Instructions are posted on how to order and if you aren't ready by the time you get to the front, you go back in line and start over.

We ordered a "wit-out and provolone" which equates to a cheesesteak with provolone and no onions. Our sandwich was ready in about 30 seconds, they've got it down to a science. We sat outside enjoying our food and my fingers were so frozen by the time I finished, I thought I just might get frostbite.

A bachelor party happened to be there and asked James to snap a pic for them and, in good fun, I told them only if they would take one with me in it afterwards. Here it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment