Thursday, February 26, 2009

Pancakes in Petersburg, VA - Cross-Country Road Trip 5.4

We left Kendall and Jarred's place late last night after ordering in and unwinding for a bit after such a long day of sightseeing. Our next stop is Tega Cay, South Carolina and is about 6 hours away, so we decided to "tackle some time" as James likes to call it.

I'm a lady, so I won't go into detail, but I was getting over a 2-day "just because I want to throw a wrench in your road trip" stomach ache. About 2.5 hours and 2 stops later we arrived at our home for the night...a Walmart parking lot in Petersburg, VA.

We slept very well, it was the first night without wind threatening to topple the van over. The only time I woke up was from being TOO hot from the heater and all the blankets.

I woke up sans stomach ache and felt like a new person. I was so happy I decided to make a nice pancake breakfast before we hit the road again. Plus I've learned that food is a great way to get James up without having to nag him. The pancakes turned out great, if I do say so myself, luckily we had thought ahead and asked for extra butter and syrup at the Friendly's we ate at in Gettysburg.

We downed our breakfast, played some music and then hit the road again. If I didn't know any better, I'd say we are getting the hang of road tripping in the Magic Van!

No comments:

Post a Comment