Monday, March 9, 2009

Until We Meet Again Austin! - Cross-Country Road Trip 9.3

That extra 24 hours in Austin was just enough to convince us to consider moving here. I absolutely love the energy - so many runners, bikers, water skiers, rock climbers - just tons of active people. I love that Austonians are so into "staying weird", it makes me think that the city is going to maintain its eclectic-ness even as it continues to grow. The weather is great (I'll take hot summers over snow any day), the music never stops and I could make a full-time job out of trying all the different restaurants.


We spent Day 2 checking out some stores we didn't get to yesterday - a bike shop for James and a couple thrift stores for me - my next project is to set up an online high-end resale clothing store and see if I can't make some side money from my bargain hunting hobby...stay tuned! We had a delicious lunch at Bouldin Creek Cafe, a nice little vegan joint just out of the hustle bustle, then spent a couple hours driving around looking at houses.


It is absolutely unbelievable how much further money goes outside of Southern California. There were so many places that I'd love to move into tomorrow...very tempting! After our real estate rendezvous, we headed back to Congress Bridge to watch the bats fly. If you didn't know, Austin has the country's largest urban bat colony and it's quite a sight to see.

We said so long to Austin just after dark and started yet another long haul to Carlsbad, NM to have a look at the caverns out there. Something tells me, however, that I'll be returning to Texas sometime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment