Friday, March 13, 2009

Last Stop at Last Chance - Cross-Country Road Trip 11.2

Our last day of the Magic Van Winter '09 Tour was a nice, relaxing stop in Phoenix, AZ. I did some credit card damage at Last Chance and My Sister's Closet, two of my favorite store to find great deals. If you've never heard of it, Last Chance is basically where Nordstrom sends everything that hasn't sold or can't be resold and offers it at dirt cheap prices. My Sister's Closet is a consignment chain in the area that has tons of designer stuff well below retail. It is exactly the kind of store I dream of opening one day. I woke up early from sheer excitement and got goosebumps when we pulled into the parking lot.

Once the receipts were printed and my shopping adrenaline subsided, we strolled around the Scottsdale area soaking up the sun on a perfect, almost 80 degree day. We had some sushi at happy hour and laughed at hour similar Scottsdale is to Orange County. It was nice though to sit around and people watch in warm weather - hello Spring!

I had made reservations for much needed massages at a school in Phoenix, however, they neglected to tell me that they only accept cash, so my "perfect relaxation day" plan didn't come to fruition. Oh well, got to roll with the punches. We hit the road around 7pm and James got us all the way to Indio where we found a parking lot with our names on it for our last night in the Magic Van.

No comments:

Post a Comment