Friday, March 13, 2009

California Here We Come - Cross-Country Road Trip 12.0

It was a little bittersweet crossing the California border last night. It's been a good run and I'm sad that it's ending but I'm also excited to see my two cats, Cooper and Tank. I suppose it will be nice to have my huge closets and my bathtub back, but there's something to be said about waking up in a new place almost everyday. Maybe that gets old after a while but it's been a month and I could keep going!

Before starting our final leg home, I made a final breakfast of oatmeal and yogurt mixed with fresh mango. Delicious! On our way out of Indio we stopped to say a quick hello to my family friend, Cathy Bentley and then we were on the road again. I got my stuff packed (and joked to James that I was moving out) while we drove to make room for the kitten and 2 dogs that we would be picking up on the way. It was sad to having everything in bags again, seeing it so bare reminded me of the first night in Rhode Island when we had to sleep with no pillows and the awning as our blanket. Awww, memories.

We stopped at the parents' houses to pick up the pets, say hellos and give tours of the Magic Van. I was quite elated to hear how many people have been enjoying the blog...good old "Maggie" (what we nicknamed the van) has become somewhat of a celebrity it seems. James' neighbor even came over to take a peek! The drive home was not as disastrous as I had imagined. All three pets stayed relatively calm and we managed to avoid the Friday traffic. Walking into my house felt a bit surreal, I had forgotten what having so much space feels like!

No comments:

Post a Comment