Friday, October 23, 2009

Salt Lake and Salmon

My last adventure during funemployment started with my first ever stand-by flight. Fortunately things went smoothly with no delays and I was on my way to Salt Lake City before I knew it. I was met by my cousin Maria and her 4 year old son, Hayden, who had been anticipating my arrival all day and managed to pass out from exhaustion minutes before my arrival. :) Maria and I were able to catch up on the drive out to her house in Lehi and I got my first taste of Autumn colors...so beautiful!

The next day we headed out to Avon, UT where my Aunt Gloria and Uncle Steve just moved. We toured their multiple acres of property complete with flowing stream, dense tree groves and a flock of wild turkeys. Hayden had fun throwing rocks into the river, although I think he's going to need more practice. He almost hit his mom in the head!

After Avon, we made our way back to the airport and Maria missed getting a ticket by the skin of her teeth. I won't say what for though, since no ticket means it never happened! I will say that it was a lame-brained maneuver encouraged by her trouble-making cousin!

1 comment:

  1. We had so much fun! Hayden asks at least once a week "when is Amy coming again?" It was a blast catching up :-)

    ReplyDelete