Saturday, June 13, 2009

Mud Run 2009 - Team Dirty Deeds

Mud Run 2009

Today I completed the Camp Pendleton Mud Run for the second time. In a nutshell, it's a 10km obstacle course set up on the marine base complete with walls to climb over, tubes to crawl through, a lake to traverse and hills to conquer...all while being soaked with furious fire hoses. As daunting as it sounds, it's actually quite fun. This morning when I woke up at 5:30am (on a saturday!), I was questioning my decision to do it again, but once I started running I remembered why I wanted to.

My team did very well, we finished in 1 hour and 21 minutes, beating our time from last year which was our goal. I was also very happy to discover a huge difference in my performance from last year versus this year. This year I got to mile three and felt like I had just started, whereas last year I was struggling almost the entire time. Working out with a trainer really makes a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment