Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Bonjour Paris, c'est moi encore! - Europe Tour 5.1

Ahhh Paris, I don't know what it is but I absolutely love this city. So many people, so many places to see, so much history, so much life everywhere. I love it. This is now my third time here and I feel like everything is brand new, I want to absorb as much as I possibly can while I'm here. And so far, James seems equally as infatuated as I am.

We spent our first day walking almost everywhere. I could go on forever describing each place but I'm going to let the pictures do the talking. Our first stop though was the Jardin de Luxembourg. This is my absolute favorite place in Paris to sit, relax and people watch. It's incredibly well maintained and has a large fountain where kids push sailboats around with sticks.

It was Winter the last time I was there, so I was eager to see it in Spring. My jardin did not disappoint! The tulips were screaming with color and, as usual, everything was pristine. I've always wondered how this happens though because, aside from guards outside of the palace (which is now the senator's office), I've never seen any maintenance workers or anything. Even Disneyland can't pull off that kind of magic! They must do it all in the wee hours of the night so people can focus on enjoying it during the day. C'est formidable! In my humble opinion, the Irvine Company ain't got nothin' on my jardin!

2 comments:

  1. I love Paris too and I love your blog ! You are excellent writter. I will read your blog every day ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Julka for that wonderful comment, I'm glad you enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete